Acceptable Use Policy
Applicable to you and your subsidiaries and supersedes
any other written or oral Policy. Upon notice published on-line via Safe-t.netís
web page we may modify the Policy, amplify the Policy, as well as
discontinue or change services offered.
We reserve the right to revise this Policy at any time.
This AUP was last updated: August 15th, 2001
By using any of the services offered by us, you are bound by and must
comply with this Policy in its entirety. Violations of the guidelines,
delineated below, will result in cancellation of your services or such
other action as we, in our sole discretion, may deem appropriate.
I. System and Network Security
- You may not tamper with other accounts, or commit unauthorized
intrusion into any part of our system, or use any of our machines,
files, accounts, networks to intrude without authorization into any
- You may not use any of our services not included in your account,
nor devise ways to circumvent security in order to access services you
are not paying for. This clause includes, but is not limited to, the
scanning of our network or other networks with intent to breach and/or
- You may not use the system in a manner that encumbers disk space
(this includes storing email on our server), processors or other system
resources beyond those allowed by the specific type of account. You may
not make deliberate attempts to interfere with a service, overload a
service nor attempt to disable a host.
- We will react strongly to the use or attempted use of Internet
services or systems without the ownerís authorization. This clause
includes, but is not limited to, password cracking, defrauding others
into releasing their passwords, denial-of-service attacks (sending
packets with an illegal packet size, UDP flooding, ping-flooding,
half-open TCP connection flooding, etc.). Additionally, you may not use
programs, scripts, commands nor send messages with the intent to
interfere with a userís terminal session.
- You may not send unsolicited e-mail to any account that has not
specifically requested such unsolicited information or that causes
complaints from the recipients of such unsolicited e-mail. Our services
should not be used to send unsolicited advertising messages to other
network users. You may not flood/spam newsgroups with commercial or
- You may not continue to send commercial e-mail to a recipient if
recipient has requested that you discontinue such communication.
- We prohibit the transmission of e-mail that is harassing,
libelous,defamatory, legally obscene or pornographic, threatening,
abusive or hateful to non-consenting recipients.
- The forwarding or propagation of chain letters of any type
(including charity requests or petitions for signatures) is
- "Mailbombing" (i.e. flooding a user or site with large or numerous
e-mail messages) is strictly prohibited.
- You may not forge header information.
- We prohibit the use of your account, or network connection, to
collect replies of messages sent from any another provider that violates
the rules of this Policy or those of the originating provider.
- The rules and regulations contained within this Policy apply to
other means of Internet-based transmissions, including, but not limited
to Internet fax or Internet phone.
- Any mail older than 30 days can be deleted from our server. This
will be done on the first of each month. This is prevent customers from
storing email on our server and using our disk space and slowing the